Oasis air compressors are powerful vehicle-mounted compressors, powered by clean DC electrical energy. Compared to gas-powered compressors, these air compressors function with less noise, no exhaust fumes, and no engine maintenance. Thanks to their compact, high-performance design, they can replace full-size shop compressors in mobile applications.
What is an Air Compressor Used For?
Compressed air is sometimes referred to as the “fourth utility”, after natural gas, water, and electric power. Air tools and equipment like air suspensions are designed to use compressed air as a source of power. Air compressors provide this compressed air power so they function properly. Here are some of the jobs that air compressors can accomplish for cars, automobiles, trucks, service vans, tractors, buses, and more.
- Tow Trucks and Work Trucks: An Oasis air compressor can streamline tire changes and other rugged duties that service trucks normally perform. Our air compressors can run a ½-inch impact wrench without a tank, delivering comparable performance to shop quality compressors.
- Military/Government: Military and government applications require high performance and reliability in the field. Compressors are essential to clean weapons, run air tools for emergency repairs, and reseat tire beads. Our compressors are currently utilized by the U.S. Postal Service, U.S. Forest Service, U.S. Border Patrol, U.S. Army Special Operations Command, and Canadian National Defense.
- Agriculture: In agricultural applications, our air compressors can quickly inflate large tractor tires, power equipment, spray crops, clean intake filters and chaff from equipment.
- Off-road: Oasis air compressors also meet the needs of tough off-road vehicles and their conditions. They can run air tools, air suspension, air lockers, reset rock crawler tire beads, and more.
- News and Surveillance: Pneumatic masts—like those used in news and surveillance applications—are also compatible with Oasis air compressors. They can deploy 8 cfm at 100 psi.
- Motor Coach: Oasis compressors provide the compressed air power that motor coaches and buses need for air suspensions that allow vehicles to “kneel”. Our compressors can deliver 8 cfm at 100 psi, with a maximum pressure of 200 psi.
- Mining: Mining and extraction sites often operate in remote locations, but that isn’t an obstacle for our battery-powered air compressors. Our products can operate pneumatic valves and other remote applications dependent on reliable compressed air.
DC Air Compressors from Oasis Manufacturing
Air compressors are versatile devices with capabilities that span inflating, cleaning, spraying, powering tools, and more.
Oasis’ air compressors are piston-driven air compressors that have finned cylinder heads (which are fan cooled in the case of the XD4000 models, providing longer run-time capability), and internal oil reservoirs with positive crankcase vents. With these features combined, we reduce lubrication discharge and operating temperatures, boosting overall efficiency.
The XD3000 extended-duty air compressor provides a 100% duty cycle at 100 psi for 30 minutes, and then 50% after that. This model comes in 12 VDC or 24 VDC power. The XD4000 provides a 100% continuous duty cycle at 100 psi and also comes in two models at nominal operating voltages of 12 VDC or 24 VDC. Our compressors can also be purchased as part of a tank-mounted package.
Our air compressors are convenient, portable devices to have on hand in routine or emergency situations. Because they can fit in almost any vehicle’s chassis, they are well-suited to a variety of mobile applications. To learn more about our air compressors or other product offerings, contact us or request a quote.