Oasis compressors can be used either with or without a tank, depending on your application. Our compressors are capable of running a 1/2″ impact wrench without a tank under the following conditions:
- Apply adequate power to the compressor per our Power Addendum
- Use a tool that makes efficient use of compressed air (the Ingersoll-Rand IR231 & 2135Ti guns work very well)
- Use proper trigger technique, pull the trigger in two second bursts.
We have tested our compressors under these conditions, they are able to tighten 9/16″ lug nuts to over 160 ft/lbs without a tank. We are happy to help you determine the best system for your needs. Please call us for tech support!
Pressure Up Rates
What's the Purpose of An Air Tank?
A tank is a storage chamber which holds a reserve of pressurized air. When running an air tool for example, air is taken from the tank to run the tool. As pressure in the tank drops, a pressure switch turns a compressor on to re-pressurize the tank. It works the same way that an alternator recharges a battery after power is used from it.
A Tank Will…
- Allow the compressor to run fewer cycles, minimizing the stress on the compressor and increasing life expectancy.
- Support the use of some air tools with a high air consumption rate that would otherwise not be possible. Alone, the Oasis compressors will run ½” impact wrenches, but the use of ¾” or larger impact wrenches, die grinders, sanders, etc. require a tank.
A Tank Will Not…
- Increase or decrease the workload of a compressor to do a job. If you take air out of a tank and put it in a tire, the compressor must work the same amount as it would if you had no tank at all.
- Allow tires to be inflated any faster than an Oasis compressor can do alone. A tank will slightly reduce the inflation time of other slower compressors, but Oasis compressors are so efficient that a tank doesn’t make any difference.
A More Efficient System
Compared to systems that require multiple compressors to meet a high demand for air, our superior performance makes it possible to meet the needs of your application with a much simpler system.
By keeping your system simple, you will have higher performance and better reliability. With fewer components, there are fewer problems, leaks, and difficulty. Less is more.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our team today.